Our purpose at Community Co-op Market is to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities we serve. As a cooperative organization we provide products, information and education to our members and shoppers, use sustainable practices whenever possible and offer a welcoming environment to everyone. We strive to be an inclusive workplace and we value our diversity of ideas, perspectives and identities.
At Community Co-op Market, the worker is as important as the work. If you are a people person, you take personal responsibility for your work, you want to have fun while you work hard and you have a passion for customer service, you belong at the co-op.
Here’s what we expect from all Community Co-op Market staff:
- Treats customers and co-workers fairly, consistently and with respect.
- Provides efficient and friendly service.
- Provides product information and educational materials to customers.
- Cooperates with co-workers and is eager to assist.
- Communicates honestly, openly and respectfully with everyone.
- Resolves conflicts promptly.
- Stays informed by consistently reading and responding to all forms of communication.
- Minimizes absences and is punctual.
- Adheres to all policy and training manual contents.
- Works with little supervision and completes expected tasks.
- Works with a sense of urgency.
- Provides and receives constructive feedback in a positive way.
- Responds positively to the changing needs of the business.
- Operates equipment safely and maintains equipment properly.
- Adheres to department safety requirements.
- Keeps work, storage areas and sales floor clean and orderly.
- Reports all workplace injuries.
“We work hard to meet our daily challenges, but it’s a fun atmosphere!” – Dawn, 6 years
“There’s always something new to learn.” – Madelon, 4 years
"I like the benefits!" – Stacy, 15 years
“It’s opened my eyes to new experiences and a healthier lifestyle.” – Caleb, 1 year
“It sounds corny, but it’s fulfilling work. I’m feeding the community and it doesn’t take long to feel like you know everyone and everyone knows you.” – Michael, 2 years
“The co-op feels like a big family!” – Marrian, 30 years
- Livable wage
- Health insurance (30 hours a week)
- 15% staff discount
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Co-op Membership for duration of employment
- 401k with a 2% match
- Short/Long Term disability insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Or download and print the CCM application, then email it to DepartmentManagers@communitycoopmarket.coop.
Feel free to include a resume if you have one. Printed applications may also be picked up and/or returned in-store.
Frequently asked questions about applying for work at the co-op
How can I find out about any open positions?
We post all of our open positions here on our website and may post openings in the store, on Facebook and on other websites such as Indeed.com.
Can I apply even if there are no open positions?
Of course! Click here to apply now.
What happens after I apply?
All applications go through an initial review by HR. If your responses, work experience and work history seem like a good fit for the co-op, your application will be forwarded to the hiring manager. In addition to work experience, they’ll be looking at your availability to see if it fits the needs of the department.
Finally, the hiring manager invites qualified candidates in for a formal interview and makes the final decision about who to hire to join their team based on our criteria, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, national origin, disability or any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
If I don’t hear back, what then?
We’ll keep your application active for 30 days. If you haven’t heard back from us, it means that we have hired another highly qualified candidate. Feel free to reapply at any time.
Can I call the hiring manager to find out if my application has been reviewed or to see if I’m invited to an interview?
Our department managers are some of the hardest working people in the store! Out of respect for their workload while they’re serving our members and shoppers, we ask that only those applicants who have been invited for an interview contact the hiring manager.
Who can I talk to if I have questions about the hiring process?
You can email the us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll respond to questions as soon as possible. Keep in mind that we get dozens of applications for each open position, so you may not hear back right away.