Community Co-op Market (CCM) is hiring an Executive Chef to run our food service operation. CCM is Tallahassee’s only locally owned, natural foods grocery store and is a member co-op of the National Co-op Grocers.
This will be a challenging position and the right candidate will perform well under pressure. We are currently renovating our kitchen and the food service lay-out within the store. We are looking for someone who has experience developing menus so your experience with meat, vegan and vegetarian foods as well as ethnic cuisine will be critical to your success. A deep awareness of food allergens is important to ensure the safety of our guests.
You will be responsible for the financial health and well-being of the food service department and an ability to set and maintain sales, food costs, margin and labor goals are required. You will need to have a deep understanding of P&L’s and other financial reporting tools.
Co-op’s are known for their collaborative and respectful management practices. If your management philosophy is “my way or the highway”, if you have a need to be right, if Gordon Ramsey is your celebrity chef idol, you will likely not be a good fit for the Co-op.
Salary is $50,000.00 and includes excellent benefits.
- 2+ years of culinary education.
- 5+ years previous cooking experience.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Proven record of menu development and implementation.
- Proven record of budget development and implementation.
- Ability to adhere to cost and margin requirements.
- Ability to plan, develop and implement efficient and productive systems.
- Ability to supervise, manage and motivate self and staff.
- Ability to work well with others in a cooperative environment.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
Or download and print the CCM application, then email it to email@example.com.
Feel free to include a resume if you have one.
Printed applications may also be picked up and/or returned in-store.