Community Co-op Market (CCM) is hiring an experienced cook who can deliver high quality food to our customers.
We are looking for a cook who has production cooking experience, preferably using alternative ingredients, who can adjust the work pace to the requirements of the shift and who is always willing to help co-workers. Your experience with vegan and vegetarian foods as well as ethnic cuisine will be helpful to your success. Knowledge of health code and food allergens is critical to ensure the safety of our guests.
This position has wage range of of $12.60-14.00 per hour, based on experience and includes excellent benefits.
- 2+ years previous cooking experience.
- Ability to motivate self and staff.
- Ability to work well with others in a cooperative environment.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Commitment to superior customer service.
- Current food safety certification.
- Knowledge of natural foods and alternative ingredients.
- Knowledge of current food trends.
- Sense of humor.
- Demonstrated objectivity, neutrality and calmness under pressure.
- Willingness to learn and grow to meet changing requirements of the job.
- Adaptable to changing schedules.
- Sense of urgency.
CCM is Tallahassee’s only locally owned, natural foods grocery store and is a member co-op of the National Co-op Grocers. In addition to working with a wonderful group of diverse customers and staff, CCM provides outstanding benefits including a livable wage, staff discount, generous paid time off, health insurance, 401k with employer match, an employee assistance program and more.
CCM is an equal opportunity employer. We are a diverse organization and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $14.00 per hour
CCM does everything within its control to keep our employees safe. Employees, customers and vendors are required to wear a mask, gloves are available, plexiglass barriers are installed at every register and physical distancing is encouraged.
Printed applications may also be picked up and/or returned in-store.